Wednesday, September 14, 2005

tuesday night

Our first show is on this saturday, and this week is pretty burnt out of practice. Yesterday after practice i went to watch a movie with ced and edle. It was pretty damn crappy and badly executed and i have to say that my faith in eric khoo has gone down a couple more notches.
After the film, we bummed and talked til four plus til they both piled into a taxi and headed back. I didnt quite fancy spending a ludicrous amount of quid on midnight charge back home. Its hard enough trying to survive on the third world wages the army trickles down to me every desperate start of the month.

I decided to sleep on a bench somewhere til the first bus. All the benches were wet cos it rained, so i found a slab of pavement under shelter near the Singtel Centre Carpark. i wrapped my guitar strap and bag round my arms so they wouldnt get nicked and dozed off. Later on i was rudely awakened by a sharp pain my head, took me a few seconds to realise someone was kicking it. Realised that i was surrounded by a bunch of obviously drunk indian blokes. One of em gave me a parting liberal kick in stomach, before being dragged away by his giggling mates, then they ran off. Was pretty glad my guitar was untouched. Got up and trudged up to the lucky plaza bus stop, my contacts fused to my eyes and waited fer the bus home. i learnt to appreciate my bed alot more after this morning, firstly its considerably softer than concrete, and secondly random people dont start kicking you in the head.

watching the sun rise during the bus ride was nice though, even though all the seratonin was gone and i couldnt feel much, the aloneness was comforting strangely, cos it always allows billy to take over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home